Mt. Gambier Regional Airport Upgrade
Clients > Kennett Builders
Project Year > 2020
The Upgrade and extension of Mt. Gambier Airport. DMK Engineering provided fabrication and installation of structural steelwork.
- Site Surveying
- Shop detail of structural steelwork
- Surface treatment to specification
- Installation of structural steel
- Manufacture and supply associated metalwork items
Timberlink Chip Stockpile Conveyor
Clients > Timberlink Australia, Tarpeena Sawmilling Operation
Project Year >2020
DMK Engineering completed the design and construction of a 72m Stock piling Conveyor and the modification/Installation of a 25m interconnecting Conveyor, for Stockpiling of Export Grade Wood Chip. Design included an automated Telescopic chute to maintain chip pile.
This stockpiling conveyor has a rated design capacity of 780m3/hr and Belt Speed of 120m/min while also incorporating an automated Bypass Chute in the Connecting Conveyor System. This bypass chute is used to divert contaminated chip product from reaching the stockpile.
With a total of Approx. 60t of structural Steel, this was a mix of 3D Fabricated body Frames, Stick Steel and some 4.8m Wide 2D Truss Sections. The main conveyor module, a 45m long section, weighing 29.5t was installed as a single lift.
- Refine and complete design of Stockpiling Conveyor.
- Design interconnecting conveyor
- Shop detailing of conveyor structures and access walkways, platforms and stairs.
- Manufacture of conveyor structures
- Off Site assembly of conveyor sections complete.
- Coordination of oversized escorted haulage of conveyor sections to site.
- Installation of conveyor support steelwork and conveyor sections.
- Installation of conveyor belt and final components.
- Commissioning of conveyors
Department of Correctional Services Prison Upgrade Works
Clients > Kennett, Mossop Construction + Interiors, Harrold and Kite, and Saxon Construction
Project Year > 2018 – 2019
DMK Engineering have provide fabrication and site Installation services for Mt. Gambier and Adelaide Women’s Prison.
- Adelaide Women’s Prison High Security Fencing and Sally Port Gates. 835m
- Mount Gambier Prison High Security Fencing and Sally Port Gates. 1135m
- Mount Gambier Prison Internal Exercise Yard. High Security Fencing. 210m
- Design and detailing of Fences and Sally Port Gates and PA Gates
- Site Survey and Setout of Fence Lines and Post Locations.
- Coordination of Civil contractor for correct post footing locations and RL’s
- Survey of post locations and setting of anchors
- Manufacture of Fence and Gate structures
- Surface Treatment of all Steelwork
- Installation of Fence Structure and Gates.
- Coordination of Gate and fence security systems with security contractor and DCS installer
- Installation of Anti-climb 358 security mesh with tamper proof screws and dome bolts and shear nuts.
- Connections and tie ins to existing High Security Infrastructure.